This is FUN!

It's Friday night, the end of the work week, and this single girl is ready to get out and have some fun. I've had more than one offer of company for this weekend, and geez...the decision was actually difficult (yeah, I know...it's a hard life), but I made a date with Jake and we decided to head down to the beach for dinner, then drinks, and whatever comes after...comes after.

He picked me up just after 7. Tossled dark hair (I have a thing for tall dark haired dudes with blue or green eyes), cool khakis , and an A&F tee. I'm speechless...which anyone who knows me will tell you, is Very rare.

We headed down to the beach, found parking, and surprise, surprise! Jake not only whipped out a blanket, but a picnic basket too! Now...you have to know this guy to get the full gist of how UNUSUAL this is. But I'm gonna try not to question it out loud. I'm just lovin' it. He spread the blanket, and unpacked the basket. We must have sat on that thing for about 3 hours, eating and talking...enjoying each other's company. Now, I've only known Jake for about 2 months, and so far, we get along really well. He's gorgeous, has a great job (meaning he makes really good money), and is quite personable on a social level. But the one thing that I hadn't had a chance to learn about Jake up to this point, is that he's actually a very intelligent guy. Now I'm actually interested. Intelligence, girls, is a major turn on. Regardless of how good looking he is, if he's dumb as a hairbrush, I'm out. My eyes'll glaze over, and it's hometime in a heartbeat.

Now, Jake's hot and smart and all, and he'd probably make a great "Mr. Right Now", but I should tell you that I'm not really interested in having a 'boyfriend' at this point. I was in a long term relationship that ended a few months ago, and I have to admit that I'm totally enjoying this dating thing. I mean, it's a new guy every weekend! If I'd known it was this much fun, I'd have ditched what's-his-nose a LONG time ago!

It's all about having FUN girls :)

0 comments: